Lemon Chutney is the fresh, homemade chutney recipe, made with fresh lemons, sugar and some whole spices. This chutney is a great accompaniment with Indian meal and you can preserve it for 8- 12 months.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
- 1/4 tsp ground Cloves (Lavang)
- 1-1/4 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1-1/2 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground big Cardamoms (big /black elaichi)
- 1 tsp Salt (Namak)
How to make Lemon Chutney:
- Wash the lemons and wipe them with a cloth.
- Squeeze out the whole juice from the lemons and mix salt into it.
- Now peel the skin of lemons in long strips and soak in the juice.
- Then put them in an air tight jar / container for about one week.
- Make sure, you have to shake the jar every other day till the lemon skins are tender.
- Mix the remaining ingredients very well.
- Keep the prepared chutney under the sun until sugar is dissolved.
- You can store this chutney at least for one year if it is kept in an airtight jar.
- While taking out the chutney from the jar, always use a dry spoon / spatula.