Date Chutney is the most tastiest chutney recipe, made with lots of Dates (Khajoor) and whole Indian spices.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2-5 minutes
- 1/2 kilo Dates (Khajoor)
- 2 -3 big Cardamoms (Moti Elaichi)
- 4 tbsp Almonds (Badam) blanched
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 2 Cloves (Lavang)
- 4 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1/2 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
How to make Date Chutney:
- Remove the stone from dates and cut them into halves.
- Now combine the halved dates, ginger, spices, salt, chilli powder and vinegar in a pan and cook for few seconds till dates are tender.
- Mix sugar and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the prepared mixture from the fire and then add raisins and almonds by stirring well.
- Mash the chutney very well and then pour in clean jar.
- Cork the jar tightly and you may serve this chutney after 3-4 days.