Quick Vegetable Pulao is extremely quick but yet very tasty pulao recipe, here rice are cooked with vegetables and whole garam spices. There is no need to follow a lengthy procedure, even the bachelor’s can easily make this delicious pulao recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups rice
- 1 big onion finely sliced
- 3-4 green chillies chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon bits
- 1 Kashmiri red chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 2 small cardamoms
- 2 tbsp oil/ghee
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups water
How to make Quick Vegetable Pulao:
- Wash the rice 2-3 times in normal tap water and soak them for about an hour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole garam spices.
- Saute for few seconds and now add sliced onion.
- Fry until the onions golden brown and then dd all the vegetables.
- Stir in the salt and spices.
- Add some water and cook until the veggies and potatoes tender.
- Add the drained rice and adjust with some more salt.
- Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cover the pan for first 2 minutes.
- Uncover and keep stirring.
- When the rice starts boiling, then reduce the flame and cover and cook till the rice are done.
- Serve this quick vegetable pulao with pickle, raita and roasted papad.