Simple Potato Vegetable is a quick Indian dish cooked with boiled potatoes (Aloo), onion, tomato and spices.When there is lack of time and you want something to cook very fast then this dish will be helpful for you. Also if leftover boiled potatoes are available then just go ahead with it.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 5-6 big Potatoes (Aloo)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3-4 green chillies chopped
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
How to make Simple Potato Vegetable:
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into big slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds till the seeds starts to splutter. Add fine chopped onion and cook till onion translucent.
- Add chopped tomato, salt and turmeric powder. Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add pieces of potatoes and cover the pan. Leave to cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with Indian roti.
You can use raw potatoes instead of boiled potatoes, then you need to add some water for cooking it. Also raw potatoes takes more time in cooking than boiled potatoes.