Mango Chutney is the delicious homemade Chutney recipe, blended well with lots of fresh green mango and flavored with raisins and spices.
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 kg Green Mangoes (Aam)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli
- Salt to taste
How to make Mango Chutney:
- Wash the mangoes and pat dry them with clean kitchen napkin.
- Peel the mangoes, remove the stone and cut them into long but thin slices.
- Now heat a pan and add slices of mango along with ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Saute on medium high flame until mangoes tenders.
- Add sugar, vinegar and other ingredients except raisins.
- Mix it very well.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add little bit of water and season with some salt.
- When the mixture turns little golden in color, add raisins and mix very well.
- Cool the chutney and then pour into an air tight container.
- Place the chutney at cool and dark place.