Here is a collection of fresh green mangoes, dried spices, vinegar and sugar for making a smooth and flavorful Mango Chutney recipe. Learn how to make quick, easy and tasty homemade Mango Chutney in easy steps and do the best use of summer mangoes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 kg fresh green mangoes (aam)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp green cardamoms crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Raisins (Kishmish)
- 2 tbsp blanched almonds
How to make Mango Chutney:
- Wash the mangoes and pat dry with clean kitchen napkin.
- Peel the mangoes, remove out the stone and cut them into fine slices.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add slices of mango, ginger, garlic and water.
- Stir on low flame by mixing the salt as per taste.
- When the mangoes are tendered, add remaining ingredients except the raisins and almonds.
- Cook on medium flame by stirring constantly until turns thick and golden in color.
- Remove the chutney from the flame, stir in the raisins and blanched almonds.
- Cool and then store in air tight jar /bottle or container.
- Serve it either with hot paratha’s in breakfast or with your meals to make them more delicious.
- You can store this chutney for few months at room temperature.