Peanut Sauce or Peanut chutney is one and the same thing, a tasty combination of dry roasted peanut, cumin seeds and jaggery. Easy in making and a great accompaniment with daily snack dishes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6-7 minutes
- 1 cup peanut
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind / sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Peanut Chutney :
- Soak the peanut in some water for an hour.
- Shell them and pat dry with clean paper napkin.
- When the peanuts are dry then roast them in a saucepan along with cumin seeds.
- Remove from the flame and cool little bit.
- Now combine the roasted peanuts, green chillies and remaining ingredients.
- Blend for few seconds and gradually add little amount of water.
- Check the salt and blend until it reaches to a proper chutney consistency.
- Serve with chicken or paneer kebabs.