Carrot Chutney or carrot sauce can be easily made at home, you just need to gather some fresh red carrots, coconut, lemon juice and some spices.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes
- 1 kg carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut (scraped and grated)
- 5 green chillies
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 tsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (to temper)
- 1 tsp oil (to temper)
- Few curry leaves (broken in bits) (to temper)
- 1 big cup of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
How to make Carrot Coconut Chutney :
- Combine all the ingredients in a big grinding jar except the ingredients to temper.
- Add little bit of water and grind for few minutes until smooth.
- You may add some more water to get the thick consistency of chutney.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and stir continue on low flame.
- Pour the chutney into a serving bowl and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Carrot Coconut chutney or carrot sauce is ready to serve.