Pineapple Sauce or Pineapple chutney is one and the same thing. This exotic fruit can be highly used in Indian cooking and this delicious chutney can be a great accompaniment with various snacks and Indian chaat dishes.
Preparation time: 5-6 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 cups pineapple chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seed)
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp saunf (aniseed)
- 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Pineapple Chutney or Ananas ki Chutney:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the half quantity of seeds.
- Saute the seeds on medium high flame and then add pineapple, salt, sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Mix very well and add 1 cup water.
- Cook till the pineapple turns soft and gets cooked very well.
- You can add more water if required.
- Roast the remaining seeds on a hot tawa or in a saucepan.
- Cool and then make a coarse powder.
- Mix the prepared seeds powder in the chutney.
- Cook the chutney only for 2 more minutes.
- Delicious Pineapple chutney is ready to serve.
- For garnishing it, add some chopped cilantro and sprinkle a mint leaf.
- Cool the sauce fully and then store in air tight bottle / container.