Onion Garlic Chutney is a simple, homemade chutney recipe, made with onion, garlic and tamarind. This chutney can be accompanied with any snack dish or with Indian paratha’s.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 big onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup flakes of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 2-3 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Onion Chutney (Pyaaz Ki Chutney) :
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil and fry the onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until raw flavor of garlic disappears.
- Remove the mixture from flame and allow to cool aside.
- Now transfer the onion mixture into a grinding jar, add tamarind and roasted chana dal.
- Grind by gradually adding water until turns to a thick chutney consistency.
- Add salt as per taste and grind again for few more seconds for well blending.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and then add red chillies.
- Pour the tempering mixture over chutney.
- Serve with puri, paratha or any evening snack dish.