Spicy Pineapple Chutney is the sweet, spicy and tangy flavored chutney recipe, made with fresh pineapples, spices and vinegar.
Preparation time: 5-6 minutes
Cooking time : 15-18 minutes
Servings: 20 times
- 3 cups pineapple (chopped in long strips)
- 12 Dates (Khajoor) cut into thin and long strips
- 1-1/2 tsp Caramel syrup
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 4 clove Garlic (Lasun), finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti), ground
- 3/4 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/2 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
- 2 tsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- 1 -1/2 cups Water
How to make Pineapple Chutney:
- Heat the water in a big vessel and add pineapple, dates, garlic and salt.
- Cook on medium high flame until mixture tenders and water evaporates.
- After 2-3 minutes, mix the remaining ingredients and cook until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir continue for few minutes, uncovered.
- Allow the chutney to cool aside.
- Wash and clean the air tight jar / container and pour the prepared chutney in it.
- Seal the jar with a tight lid and use as per your requirement.
- You can use this chutney for 8-10 months.