Tomato Garlic Chutney is a sweet, sour and tangy flavored chutney, made with fresh tomatoes, lots of garlic cloves, onion and spices.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 kg fresh Tomatoes (Tamatar)
- 10-12 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 inch ginger chopped / minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1/2 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1-1/2 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 4-5 black cardamoms crushed
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 6 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- 15 Almond (Badam) blanched
How to make Tomato Chutney:
- Heat good amount of water and add chopped tomatoes.
- After few boils, remove the tomatoes from the flame and allow to cool aside.
- Heat a pan and add chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic and chopped onion.
- Cook until the mixture tenders and then add salt, sugar, red chilli pepper, vinegar and crushed cardamoms.
- Cook continue for 10-12 minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Finally stir in raisins and blanched almond.
- Remove from the fire, cool and store in air tight jar.