Apple And Mango Chutney is the sweet and spicy combination of apples, mangoes, cardamoms, raisins and almonds.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 big Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 raw Mangoes (Aam) (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 inch ginger piece (adrak cut into long strips)
- 6-8 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 3/4 tsp Red chili powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 big cardamoms (Elaichi Moti), crushed
- 2 tbsp vinegar / 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 Raisins (Kishmish)
- 8-10 Almonds (Badam) ( blanched)
How to make Apple and Mango Chutney:
- Heat the water and cook the mangoes and apples with ginger and garlic.
- Stir continue until it tenders and water fully evaporates.
- Now mix the remaining ingredients and cook until it thickens.
- Set the chutney to cool aside for few minutes.
- Pour in an air tight container / jar and cork tightly.
- Serve as per your requirement.