Sweet Fruit Chutney is the smooth blend of healthy fruit of bananas, apples, dry fruits and fresh Indian spices. This chutney is a great accompaniment with any meal.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 6 ripe bananas (cut into thin slices)
- 2 apples (chopped into fine pieces)
- 1 cup whole amchoor (dry mango slices)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 200 gm whole amchur (store-bought)
- 2 tsp ginger sliced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 3/4 tsp ground spices
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup raisins (Kishmish)
How to make Sweet Fruit Chutney:
- Soak the whole amchur overnight in good amount of water.
- Next morning cook it until tenders and pass through the sieve.
- Boil the chopped apples for few minutes, cool and mash thoroughly.
- Mix the salt, bananas, apples and remaining ingredients with amchur.
- Soak the raisins for few minutes and then mix in above mixture.
- Stir in for few more minutes until thickens.
- Serve with hot paratha’s.