Sonth Chutney is a simple type of chutney recipe, contains the fragrance of ginger, jaggery, cumin and ground spices. This chutney goes with several Indian snack dishes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp dry ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 tsp dry Ginger powder
- 200 gm Gur (Jaggery)
- 1 -1/2 tsp white Cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 50 gm whole Amchoor (dry mango pieces)
- 1 tsp ground spices
- 1-1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala namak)
How to make Sonth Chutney:
- Soak the amchoor for 5-6 hours or for overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Boil in same water in which it was soaked.
- Keep the flame low and stir until amchoor tenders.
- Drain through a sieve, add some water till it reaches to the pouring consistency.
- Add salt, ground spices, dry ginger powder, minced ginger, red chili pepper , jaggery and white cumin seed powder. Mix very well.
- Finally sprinkle black salt over all on the chutney and serve with papdi, dhokla or with any Snack dish.