Pumpkin Chutney is made with very simple ingredients, such as Pumpkin, dates, cardamoms and dry nuts. It is one of the healthiest chutney recipe, best to serve with Indian meal and snack dishes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6-8 minutes
- 4 cups chopped pumpkin
- 2 -1/2 tsp long strips of Ginger (Adrak)
- 6 cloves Garlic (Lasun), chopped / minced
- 1 cup Dates (Khajoor), stoned
- 4 big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1/2 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 cup Sugar (Cheeni) (heaped)
- 1 cup Water
- 10 Almonds (Badam), blanched
- 3 tsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- 3/4 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tsp salt
How to make Pumpkin Chutney:
- Heat water in a pan and add chopped pumpkin, dates, ginger and garlic.
- Cook till the mixture tenders and dries.
- Now mix salt, sugar, Red chili pepper , vinegar almonds and raisins.
- Cook till a little thick and slightly golden brown.
- Pumpkin chutney is ready to serve.
- Use the bottle / jar with a tight lid to store it for few days.