Apricot Chutney is a special chutney recipe, made with Apricots (Khumani), almonds, cardamom and spices.
Preparation time: 5-6 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 400 gm Apricots (Khumani)
- 1 cup almonds (blanched)
- 3-4 black cardamom crushed
- 3 green cardamom crushed
- 1 tsp ginger sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 tsp raisins
How to make Apricot Chutney:
- Boil the water and add apricots.
- Cook until apricots turns soft.
- Peel and mash the boiled apricots.
- Strain the pulp from apricots and wash the stones with one cup of water.
- Cook apricot pulp, ginger, garlic and water of washed stones, almonds and raisins till all the water is absorbed.
- Add salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Also mix the crushed cardamom along with red chilli pepper.
- Cook till is thickened and golden brown
- Place the chutney in an air tight container /jar.
- Use as per your requirement.
- This chutney can be stored for 6-8 months.