Fresh Tomato Sauce is a true blend of fresh red tomatoes, onion, ginger, garlic and other tasty ingredients. This sauce consists a high amount of fibre and iron. Learn how to make delicious homemade fresh tomato sauce recipe in just few minutes.
Preparation time: 12-15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 kg fresh tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 bits cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
How to make Fresh Tomato Sauce:
- Clean the tomatoes and remove the outer skin.
- You can either chop or grate them.
- Now take a big vessel, add tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger and sugar.
- Place the vessel over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add spices and cook until sauce thickens.
- Mash continuously to blend the spices very well with the tomatoes.
- Cool the mixture completely and strain through a sieve.
- Serve with snacks, paratha’s and breakfast recipes.
- This sauce can be served little bit of warm or cold, in both ways this sauce is a great accompaniment.
- You can refrigerate this sauce in air tight container for 6-7 days.
- If powdered sugar is not available then use normal sugar and grind it to make a smooth powder.