French White Sauce is a creamy white blend of flour, onion, nutmeg and milk. This sauce is truly aromatic and flavored with lots of ingredients to bring the true aroma and richness, also perfect to serve with any fried dishes or snack recipes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 mace
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs
- 2-3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Fresh parsley leaves chopped
How to make French White Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add thinly chopped onion.
- Saute for few seconds and add milk.
- Add chopped onion, red chilli flakes, dried herbs, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace and nutmeg.
- Mix very well and stir the mixture with the flour.
- Cook on medium high flame by constantly mixing until seems browned.
- Finally simmer the flame for 3-4 more seconds and mix the sugar.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then strain through a sieve.
- The mixture which is left in the sieve is to be blended.
- For that allow the mixture to cool and then blend it finely by adding little amount of milk or water.
- Mix the blended mixture with strained mixture and again shift it into the same pan.
- Now add pepper powder, salt and lime juice.
- Mix for few more seconds and finally add thinly chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve with any snack dishes or fried recipes.
- Butter is an optional ingredient, but if you are adding little bit of it, you can get a true taste of French white sauce.
- This sauce can be served hot or cold, in both ways it is yummy and perfect to serve.