Vegetable Ketchup is a unique mixture of several healthy vegetables, such as pumpkin, carrots, beans, etc. This homemade ketchup is extremely healthy for kids as well as for adults, because it contains lots of rich iron, vitamins and fibre, that are the essentials for healthy mind and healthy body.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 1 medium size bottle
- 1 cup potatoes boiled
- 1 cup carrot thinly chopped
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp grams glacial acetic acid
- 1 tsp sodium benzoate
- 1 cup tamarind water
- A pinch of red-orange food color
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Whole garam masala:
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 big cardamom
- 2 small cardamoms
- 1 mace
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves
How to make Vegetable Ketchup:
- Heat a non-stick pan and put whole garam masala in it.
- Saute for few seconds until fragrant.
- Add all the vegetables along with onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add 1 cup water along with tamarind water.
- Mix well and add salt.
- Cook until vegetable tenders.
- Now strain the vegetables and mash them by passing through a sieve/strainer.
- Use little amount of water if required at the time of mashing.
- Keep the vegetables again on medium high heat.
- At this moment add remaining ingredients and cook until it thickens.
- Remove from the fire and allow to cool completely.
- Pour the ketchup in air tight bottles and use whenever required.
- You can store this vegetable ketchup for 2 months.
- Sterilize the bottles with warm water before pouring the ketchup.
- You may add vegetables of your choice.