Dutch Sauce is the exciting mixture of cornflour, butter, sugar and milk. This sauce is extremely tasty and lovable by kids as well as by adults.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2-4 persons
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 bits cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 4 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
How to make Dutch Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add normal and condensed milk.
- Leave for few seconds until 2-3 boils.
- Now add nutmeg powder, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and thinly chopped onion.
- Mix well for few seconds and turn the gas off.
- Allow the milk to cool completely and strain through the sieve.
- Mix the cornflour in 4 cups of water.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add mixture of cornflour.
- Add salt and stir the mixture on low flame until little browned.
- Add milk and remaining ingredients.
- Stir constantly and break the lumps of the flour.
- Whisk thoroughly over medium high flame until it the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with snacks like patties, cutlets, Chinese samosa’s, etc.
- You can serve this yummy dutch sauce either hot or little chilled.
- Keep this sauce in air tight container, you can refrigerate it for 8-10 days.