Red Chilli Sauce is a spicy and tangy flavored sauce made with whole dried red chillies, tomatoes, vinegar and sugar. Although this sauce is spicy in nature but very tasty while eating, it gives a mouth licking taste to the snack dishes like wraps, sandwich’s, pizza’s, etc.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 gms whole dried red chillies( kashmiri/guntur)
- 1 tbsp red chilli pepper/paprika
- 6-8 tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp glacial acetic acid
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 cloves
- 4 tbsp vinegar
How to make Red Chilli Sauce:
- Remove the stems of red chillies, deseed them and wash thoroughly in normal running water.
- Grind the chillies by adding little amount of water.
- Cook the tomatoes until tenders.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Heat a same pan and add ground red chillies, tomato pulp, salt, sugar and paprika.
- Mix very well and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat.
- Now add cloves, mustard seeds and vinegar.
- Cook for few more seconds until thicken.
- Remove from the fire and mix the glacial acetic acid.
- Pour the sauce in the air tight bottle and use it after 6-7 days.
- You may use red tomato color for making the sauce more colorful, just like ready-made sauce.
- Powdered sugar is more preferable for making this sauce.