Chicken Sholay Kebab is made with spicy and flavorful chicken kebab topped by fluffy egg omelet. This dish is little spicy and it is served best on sizzling plate. I often enjoy this kebab when I go to nearby hotel with my husband.
This kebab is usually very soft from inside and omelet flavor on top makes it perfect to eat with Tandoori Roti or Chicken Biryani. I am not sure from where they got this name from, but whenever I eat this kebab, it reminds me of the movie sholay! Anyway, after I eat this kebab in hotel, I was very eager to try it at home. The biggest problem I faced is with Tandoor. I do not have proper clay oven, which I realize is very important to make any kind of Indian Kebabs in authentic way. My Kebab did not taste very soft like hotel but it tasted quite similar and good enough for home made kebab.
My husband really appreciated the taste of it and I would encourage you guys to give this kebab a try. Here is the recipe just for you. If you like my recipe or have any questions / comments then please leave them in comments section bellow.
How to make Chicken Sholay Kebab Recipe:
Chicken Sholay Kebab Recipe
Chicken Sholay Kebab is made with spicy and flavorful chicken kebab topped by fluffy egg omelet. This dish is little spicy and served best on sizzling plate.
- 250gm boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp processed cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 big eggs
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tandoori chicken masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and keep aside. Cut the chicken breast in medium size chunks and wash in tap water. Take a big bowl and mix all the ingredients very well except eggs and olive oil. Smear the chicken pieces and cover with a foil paper. Refrigerate the chicken for 20-30 minutes until sets. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 4-5 minutes. Apply olive oil on to the skewers and arrange the chicken pieces on it. Make 2-3 skewers with a proper arrangement of all the chicken pieces.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F and place the wooden skewers in the oven. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes and in every 5 minutes brush the chicken pieces with olive oil.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the skewers and arrange the pieces on the serving plate /dish.
- Heat a saucepan, add little bit of salt in egg mixture and make the half fry omelet from the beaten eggs. Make a smooth layer of half fry omelet on top of chicken pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and onion rings.
Make sure to preheat oven otherwise chicken will remain hard from outside. For restaurant like results use tandoor / clay oven. It is impossible to cook chicken like restaurant without clay oven.
Tasty Indian Recipes