Shami Kabab is a delicious non-veg starter dish made with minced mutton. It is an exotic and very popular kabab recipe of India. This particular kabab is perfect to serve either as a great appetizer or as a snack dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups minced mutton
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
How to make Shami Kabab:
- Beat the egg in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the minced mutton with 6 cups of water and little bit of salt.
- Wait for about 4-5 whistles until meat tenders.
- Grind the boiled meat into a fine paste.
- Add salt and remaining spices.
- Add beaten egg and stir with gram flour.
- Also add green chillies, ginger, garlic and onion.
- Mix well and make a dough.
- Add little amount of water if required to make a stiff dough.
- Shape into small round balls.
- Melt the ghee in a pan.
- Flatten the balls and deep fry until turn into golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately with coriander chutney and salad.
- You can mix the onion with spices, blend and make a smooth paste to use in the dough.
- While making balls, apply little bit of oil in your palms, so that it will be easy for you to make equal size, well shaped balls.
- You can thread these balls in the skewers and grill in the oven or cook on flat hot griddle.
Recommended Recipes for you: