Mutton Seekh Kabab is on skewer recipe of minced mutton. The ground spiced goat meat is minced and molded onto the skewers and cooked over tandoor or on hot tawa.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 cups minced mutton (keema)
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch of red-orange food color
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts and melon seeds paste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg Powder
- A pinch of ajwain seeds
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Oil to fry
How to make Mutton Seekh Kabab:
- Wash the minced meat well in warm water, place in the colander and squeeze out the whole water.
- Mix all the ingredients and knead just like a dough.
- Cover the mixture and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees on high heat.
- Soak the wooden skewers in the water for about 5 minutes and then grease them with little bit of oil.
- Take a big portion or ball of the keema mixture and press around the skewer.
- Flatten the mixture to stick tightly around the skewer.
- Repeat with left over mince mixture on all the other skewers.
- Place the skewers in hot oven and keep the oven on grill mode.
- Keep rotating them occasionally and bast either with butter or oil.
- When the kabab seems cooked then remove them from the skewers.
- Now heat a flat griddle and drizzle some oil.
- Place these kababs over the tawa for few minutes.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve immediately with coriander chutney and salad.
- These delicious seekh kababs can be made in the pan as well. For making these kabas in the pan, you need to give them a shape of seekh kabab with your hands, which is shown in one image.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste.