Murgh Afghani is an exotic chicken dish cooked in a unique style. Here chicken pieces are stuffed in spicy and tasty mixture of minced chicken, egg and spices. It contains blend of seeds and then grilled in the oven. It is the most famous appetizer in all over the world and can be easily made at home with a great taste.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 300 gm boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup minced chicken
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tsp melon seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 2 tbsp butter/oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
How to make Murgh Afghani:
- Rinse the chicken and cut into big pieces.
- Mix yogurt, red chili powder, green chilies, red chili powder, melon, sesame and poppy seeds, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp tandoori masala, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp oil and salt to taste. Add pieces of chicken in this marination, cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix minced chicken, beaten egg, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp oil, black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Take the pieces of marinated chicken, slit each piece and stuff about 1 tbsp of mixed minced chicken mixture and arrange on the grill.
- Grill for about 20 minutes till the chicken turns tender and juicy. Keep checking and brush twice with some oil or butter.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve with onion rings and coriander chutney.
- You can make this in the pan as well.
- Spices can be adjusted as per the taste.