Cabbage kachumber is simply made of shredded cabbage, flavored with the spices and tempered with the mustard seeds. It is one of the delicious kachumber dish which is best to serve as a quick side dish in everyday meal menu.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves (kaddi patta)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- A pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Cabbage Kachumber:
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add mustard and fennel seeds. When the seeds start crackling then add green chillies, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the shredded cabbage, salt and sugar.
- Mix well and cook for 4 minutes on medium high flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid the burning of cabbage.
- Toss with the lemon juice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve this kachumber immediately, the delay in serving will disappear the taste and aroma of Indian cabbage.
- Do not add water at all, leave to cook the cabbage in its own water.
- Try using non-stick pan for making this kachumber, so that it will not become sticky and you will be able to toss easily.