Chickpea Salad is a tangy flavored quick salad dish, made with boiled chickpeas and flavored with feta cheese, garlic, olives and lemon juice. Chickpea / kabuli chana are rich in proteins, iron and folic acid and this chickpea salad is one of the most healthy, easy and quick salad recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas (kabuli chana /white chick peas)
- 1 cup crumbled feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 pods of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Chickpea Salad :
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- When the butter is completely melted, then add boiled chickpeas.
- Stir continue for few seconds and then add minced garlic.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for few minutes on a low flame.
- Add little bit of salt and continue cooking chickpeas, till water evaporates and chickpeas dried.
- Toss with little bit of chopped coriander to blend with the flavors of fresh coriander leaves.
- Garnish with the mixture of onion, tomato, olives and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, ground black pepper and lemon juice.
- Finally garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- You can serve it either as it is or refrigerate for an hour to serve chilled.