Khaman Kakdi is a typical Gujarati Salad Dish. A unique mix of healthy salad ingredients are spiced up with fresh Indian herbs and spices. This salad can be easily made at home, you just need to get some salad ingredients and most importantly cucumber and carrot.
Total time: 2
Yield: 6 servings
- 200 gm cucumbers
- 1 big carrot
- 2 tbsp coconut scraped
- 50 gm roasted bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar powdered
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 – 5 curry leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 – 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
How to make Khaman Kakdi :
- Soak roasted chana dal in 2 cups of water for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and dry grind coarsely.
- Peel the cucumber and carrot and shred them.
- Mix in salt and leave it aside in a round dish for about 20 minutes.
- Grind the ginger and green chillies together and keep aside.
- Remove out all the water from the cucumber.
- Now combine chana dal, cucumber, ginger-green chilli paste very well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Also mix chopped coriander leaves, scraped coconut, lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Heat up oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- When the mixture starts crackling, Pour it over salad and mix well.
- You can eat this salad as it is or refrigerate for an hour to serve chilled.