Lasaniya Batata is one of the very famous Indian vegetarian Gujarati dish. Baby potatoes are simply turned into mouth-melting spicy and tasty curry recipe, flavored with garlic, yogurt and spices.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 kg baby potatoes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Lasaniya Batata :
- Peel all the baby potatoes and keep in water for some time.
- Add some salt and make sure, potatoes are dip into water.
- After few minutes, Take off the potatoes from water and slit them from the center.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes till turns into nice, golden color.
- Heat another pan and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- When the oil starts heating, add cumin seeds along with chopped green chilli.
- Stir fry on low flame till the seeds starts popping up.
- Now mix garlic paste and stir fry for a while.
- Make sure, garlic should not turn brown.
- Add gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes continue on a moderate heat.
- Slowly add yogurt and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and adjust with seasoning.
- Throw in fried potatoes, mix very gently and cover the pan with its lid.
- Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes on a very low flame.
- Garnish with good amount of chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or roti.