A simple yet very tasty combination of potatoes and capsicum is turned into a delicious India Curry Recipe, named as Potato Capsicum Curry Recipe. This is a typical South Indian Curry dish and can be used for making chapati rolls as well. Not only this, you can have a very good lunch box option, just by filling it in your roti / puri or chapati. Learn how to make aloo capsicum sabji in an easy way.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 big potatoes
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 big tomato (diced)
- 1 onion (cut into lengthwise)
- 2 green bell pepper / capsicum
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2-3 Kashmiri Red chillies
- 1 tbsp roasted bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
How to make Potato Capsicum Curry :
- Heat little bit of oil in a saucepan and fry the coriander seeds along with Kashmiri red chillies.
- Allow to cool and then grind with roasted chana dal.
- Powder it coarsely and then keep aside.
- It is the curry mixture to be added later.
- Chop the potatoes and capsicum in fine dices or lengthwise and set aside.
- Now heat the remaining cooking oil in a frying pan and saute the onion till turns golden brown.
- Saute ginger-garlic paste along with fine chopped green chillies.
- Slowly stir in potatoes, cauliflower and diced tomato.
- Add salt as per taste and season with remaining spices.
- Cover the pan and simmer the flame.
- Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes until potatoes are half done.
- Now mix the capsicum, prepared curry mixture and about 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover the pan once again and cook on medium flame till veggies turns soft.
- Stir in between for even cooking.
- Capsicum potato curry is ready to serve with rice / chapati / puri or plain paratha.
- I like to serve this dish with medium dry curry, almost dry, hence I added very less water. But if you want more curry then add more water in it.
- You can add more vegetables of your choice, but make sure the curry mixture ingredients should not be missed.