Vegetable Nilgiri Korma is one of the most famous delicacy of Hyderabadi Cuisine, here vegetables are cooked with the unique paste of coconut and spices.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 2 bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 medium size potato
- 1/2 cup green peas (matar)
- 6-8 curry leaves (cut into bits)
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 tbsp cooking oil
For making masala paste:
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup scraped coconut
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds(khus khus)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 whole red chillies
How to make Vegetable Nilgiri Korma:
- Combine all the ingredients of making masala paste, roast them in a saucepan till light brown and then grind to a coarse paste.
- While grinding the paste, add little bit of water and keep aside.
- Fry the onion in little amount of oil, remove the fried onion on oil absorbent paper.
- When the onion is cool down, then combine it with the chopped tomatoes.
- Grind both together to make a smooth puree.
- Boil the potatoes, cauliflower, green peas and carrots in a good amount of water by adding little bit of salt.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan and add curry leaves along with the prepared masala paste.
- Stir continue over moderate heat until the oil starts separating.
- Add the boiled and raw vegetables.
- Adjust with salt to taste.
- Pour the tomato puree and bring the mixture on few boils.
- After 3-4 minutes, add 2 cups of water and cook till the vegetables are done and gravy becomes thick in consistency.
- Finally sprinkle garam masala and chopped coriander.
- Stir and serve hot with plain Indian roti or jeera rice.