Navratan Korma is an exotic blend of various vegetables, fruits and nuts which are leading in the food market. Nine extremely delicious and healthy vegetables are cooked in rich Indian gravy, flavored with the korma masala and turned into extra rich and Mughlai recipe known as Navratan Korma.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2oo gms paneer cubes
- 1 capsicum cut into squared
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 medium size boiled potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 apple cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup bottle gourd tiny pieces
- 2 onions thinly chopped
- 4 tomatoes pureed
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp shahi jeera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Few raisins
- Few cashew nuts chopped
- Few almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Navratan Korma:
- Heat a sauce pan and roast the cashew nuts and almonds, keep aside.
- Heat up a kadhai and add oil.
- When you see the oil is hot enough then add shahi jeera. Leave to crackle.
- Now add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Saute well.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add tomato puree, salt and all the spice powders. Mix well.
- Keep stirring to avoid the burning of masala in the pan.
- Now add all the vegetables and pieces of apple except the paneer. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook on low flame until vegetables are tender enough to serve.
- Now add paneer and mix very gently so that paneer should not break.
- Finally add fresh cream and coriander leaves mix well.
- Cook for one more minute and garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot with tandoori roti or masala naan.
- You can add veggies and fruits of your choice like cabbage, pineapple, drumstick etc.
- Make the gravy of medium thick in consistency, so add water accordingly.