Garlic Chicken is the delicious blend of chicken, garlic, yogurt, onion paste and spices. Boneless chicken is cooked in the unique preparation consists the flavor of garlic at a great extent. This is the best option with the drinks or may be as the side dish or the main course dish by adding more amount of water.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 500 gms chicken (mixed boneless)
- 20 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt
- 1 big onion roughly chopped
- 6 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp ginger julienned
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- A pinch of red-orange food color
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Garlic Chicken:
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly in warm water and drain aside.
- Combine the yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, garam masala powder and red-orange color.
- Mix well and add the pieces of chicken.
- In a grinding bowl add onion, garlic and green chillies.
- Add little bit of water and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, pour the grounded paste in the hot oil.
- Saute for few seconds until turns into nice golden texture.
- Add chicken along with 1 cup of water and turmeric powder.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low flame till the chicken is done.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and ginger julienned.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
- Make sure that the yogurt must be thick enough to marinate the chicken, for that keep the curd in sieve well in advance and leave until the water is fully drained.
- Add more amount of water if you would like to serve it at the time of lunch or dinner.
- Food color is an optional ingredient, but if you are using it then the dish will look rich in color and presentation.