Prawn Pakora is the combination of prawn, besan and spices. These delicious pakore are perfect to celebrate any party or occasion.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200 gms prawns (shelled and deveined)
- 6-7 green chillies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Prawn Pakora:
- Wash and boil the prawns for about 10 minutes and drain whole water.
- Allow the boiled prawns to cool.
- Now in the mixer grinder add boiled prawns, onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add little bit of water and then grind to make a smooth paste.
- In a big bowl combine the besan, prawns paste, salt, coriander and spices.
- Mix well and add soda and asafoetida.
- Mix and make small balls just like pakore.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan, deep fry the pakore one by one until turn into golden in color.
- Serve hot with chutney and sauce.
- Adjust the quantity of besan and water to make well-shaped pakore.
- Apply little bit of oil in your hands for making small balls.
- Although these pakore are extremely tasty in eating but it would be advisable to take few for maintaining the taste and health.