Here Paneer Cubes are sauteed with spring onion and bell pepper on medium high heat. Chilli Paneer is one of the most delicious recipes of Indo Chinese food.
I remember we had a flight for LA in the mid night, I was clearing out the fridge and searching for anything left which i can cook very fast for the dinner. I saw some paneer cubes left in the chiller section of refrigerator. I thought i must cook something from this paneer or it would die.
Being a self-respecting Indian I could not kill the paneer, so I turned it into a lovely and tasty Indo Chinese recipe, which gave me and my husband sufficient energy to do the last minute packing.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200 gms cottage cheese (paneer) cut in long slices
- 1 capsicum/ bell pepper cut into slices
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2-3 green chillies sliced
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 cup spring onions (white part only) chopped
- 1 normal onion, sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tps red chilli sauce (home made or bottled one)
- 1/4 tsp ajinomoto
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Chilli Paneer:
- In a mixing bowl add cornflour, salt, ground black pepper and 5-6 tsp water.
- Mix thoroughly and make a thin batter.
- Dip the long cubes of paneer into the batter and deep fry in the sufficient oil.
- Keep aside on tissue paper.
- Heat up a wok and add 1 tsp oil.
- In the hot oil add chopped garlic, saute well.
- Add chopped ginger and chopped green chillies.
- Add white part of spring onions along with normal sliced onion.
- Add slices of capsicum.
- Add salt, ajinomoto, white pepper powder, mix well and toss.
- Quickly add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and vinegar mix and toss.
- Add diluted cornflour and 2 cups of water.
- Add the fried paneer. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Chilli Paneer is ready.
Be careful while making the cornflour batter, the consistency should be thin and not thick, otherwise it will affect the taste of paneer.