Shanghai Paneer is an aromatic flavor of Indian cottage cheese cooked with Chinese sauces and cashew nuts. It is traditional classic style of making the Indo Chinese recipe in the variant of sauces and veggies.
Shanghai Paneer is one of the quickest starter or appetizer to be served from the excellent menu of Chinese Cuisine. Here I’m going to tell you the easy method to make home made shanghai paneer recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups paneer pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 8 green chillies cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup capsicum, sliced
- 1 small bowl spring onions green chopped
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp cashew nut chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Shanghai Paneer:
- Combine the cornflour, salt, soy sauce and black pepper powder.
- Mix well and coat the cubes of paneer well in the mixture.
- Deep fry few cubes at a time in sufficient hot oil.
- When paneer turns brown from the edges then take out from the oil and keep aside.
- Heat 1-1/2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add green chillies, garlic paste, chopped onion, capsicum, cashew nuts and salt.
- Saute well on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- When looks little bit brown in color then add sugar and tomato sauce.
- Cook until gravy become thick.
- Add fried paneer and vinegar. Mix gently and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add spring onions. Mix well and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If you do not have time to deep fry the paneer then add as it is, but the paneer should be hard enough.
- I have told the preparation for the vegetarians, but if non-vegetarians are trying this dish then add egg in the mixture of cornflour, the taste will be very good.