Gobi Paratha is the spicy blend of grated cauliflower, wheat flour, salt, ajwain and spices. Learn to make Punjabi style paratha recipe and enjoy with curd, chutney and roasted papad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 1 medium size cauliflower florets
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- A pinch of ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil to fry
How to make Gobi Paratha:
- Grate the cauliflower and keep aside.
- In a big mixing bowl combine the flour, grated cauliflower, salt, red chilli powder, green chillies, onion, ginger paste, ajwain, garam masala powder, cilantro and ghee.
- Mix very well and knead the dough with water, like normally you do to make any paratha.
- Make a stiff dough, cover and Keep aside for 12-15 minutes.
- Now take two medium size portions of the dough, roll out each into 1/2 inch thin in size.
- Spread a tsp of ghee on any of the roti and cover with the second roti.
- Roll with rolling-pin and gently make a medium size round circle.
- Preheat the tawa (it must be fully hot).
- Place the paratha on hot tawa and drizzle some oil.
- Cook one medium high heat until turn into golden brown in color.
- Flip and fry from the other side as well.
- Again apply some oil and then immediately serve with curd or chutney.
- Butter can be used instead of oil.
- It is very important to grate the cauliflower into extremely thin crumbs to make a proper dough.
- You can shallow fry this paratha in a deep shaped pan.