Mooli Paratha can be easily made by stuffing the Indian bread with the unique mixture of mooli (radish). This is an awesome Punjabi paratha flavored with pure ghee.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 parathas
For making the dough you need:
- 3 cups wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of ajwain
- Water to knead the dough
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil
For the stuffing you need:
- 2 big mooli (radish)
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Fresh cilantro thinly chopped
- Oil to cook
How to make Indian Radish Paratha:
- Sieve the flour and mix the salt and ajwain.
- Add pure ghee and knead the dough by gradually adding water.
- Cover and keep aside for sometime.
- Peel the radish (mooli) and grate finely.
- Squeeze out the whole water from the grated mooli.
- Mix all the spices along with ginger julienne.
- Fry the prepared mooli mixture in 1 tsp of oil until slightly browned.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the prepared dough into small balls and roll out each into a small puri.
- Place the spoonful mixture on the center of each puri and cover from all the sides.
- Again roll out into a thick paratha.
- Dust the flour and make a round paratha, make sure the stuffing should not come out.
- Preheat the tawa very well on high flame and place the rolled out paratha on it.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee on both the sides and fry until paratha becomes crispy and golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately with raita and roasted papad.
- I have used pure ghee, because paratha tastes delicious when flavored with ghee, but any cooking oil can be used for making this delicious paratha recipe.
- Serve this paratha piping hot to enjoy the true taste of Punjabi style paratha recipe.