Sindhi Koki is one of the most tastiest breakfast recipe made with wheat flour, onion and spices. It is a daily breakfast of almost every Sindhi family. The preparation is so easy and the taste is awesome. This delicious koki is best to serve with yogurt, milk or papad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/4 tsp white sesame seeds
- A pinch of ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp anardhana
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
How to make Sindhi Koki:
- Crush the anardhana either in the chopper or with the help of mortar pestle and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl, add 2 tbsp of oil and knead into a stiff dough by adding little amount of water.
- It is very important that dough should be stiffed well to make Sindhi style koki.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- On the other side heat the tawa on low flame.
- Now take one portion of dough, place on flat surface and roll to make a thick size roti with the help of rolling pin.
- Drizzle some oil on heating tawa and place this rolled disc on it.
- Roast little bit from both the sides, take out from the tawa on flat surface and again roll with the rolling pin until it becomes thick like paratha.
- Place on hot tawa and cook on low flame.
- Drizzle little bit of oil on both the sides and cook until small brown spots start appearing from both the sides.
- Follow the same procedure to make remaining koki’s.
- Serve immediately with tea, milk, yogurt or papad.
- Ghee can be used instead of oil.
- Koki is always thick and not thin like roti.
- Try to make it on non-stick tawa, it will absorb less amount of oil.
- Koki can be stored for a whole day, hence is best to carry on outings and while traveling.
- If you want to make a crispy and tasty koki, they allow it to cook on low flame.