Mushroom Omelette is the famous Breakfast Dish made with Eggs, Mushroom, Herbs and Spices. Here Mushroom are cooked with some garlic and then stuffed in spicy egg mixture.
You can do lot of variations with this omelette. Sometime you can slice the mushrooms or chop them or even add cheese in this. Kids generally avoid eating mushrooms, but if you are serving it in form of this omelette dish then they will definitely love it.
Today I’m going to make my mushroom omelette with leftover mushrooms and going to make each omelette with 4 eggs. You can make it from 2 or 4 eggs. It’s your choice. I prefer to make 2 eggs omelette at the time of breakfast and probably 4 eggs omelette for serving as my Sunday Brunch. Try it yourself and let us know your comments about it.
Cook time: 10
Total time: 15
Yield: 2 Omelettes
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup mushrooms (Rinsed and sliced)
- 1 big onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Omelette:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 2 fine chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan and add chopped garlic in it. Saute for a few seconds and then add sliced onion.
- Cook till the onion is little tender, it will take about 2 minutes on a low flame. Add sliced mushroom, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, some freshly chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook it for 2-3 minutes on a low heat. Uncover and stir fry for one more minute till the mushrooms dried up. Keep the mixture aside in a separate bowl.
- Now reheat the same pan and now heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in it over high flame.
- When the oil is properly heated, reduce the flame and spread the egg mixture in it. Leave the eggs for 2-3 minutes with lid on. In this way eggs gets cooked very well.
- Uncover and spread half of the mushroom mixture over half of the egg mixture and leave for one more minute to cook.
- Flip it carefully and your mushroom omelette is ready to serve.
- You can use finely chopped onion in it instead of sliced onion.
- You can add cheese into it.