Mango Raita Recipe is the delicious Indian raita Dish. Simply yogurt (curd) is flavored with seasonal mango and spices.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups ripe mangoes (peeled and chopped)
- 4 cups fresh yogurt (curd)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp fresh coconut (scraped and grated)
- 1 tbsp oil
How to make Mango Raita:
- Whisk the yogurt in a big bowl and mix the coconut, sugar, salt, green chillies and mustard powder very well.
- Now add cubes of mango and stir very well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds starts to pop up, then add red chilli flakes along with onion.
- Fry for few seconds until onion turns little brown.
- Switch off the gas and add the prepared mixture into yogurt.
- Mix very well and serve at room temperature or until cold.
- Garnish mango raita with good amount of chopped coriander.
- Serve little cold with your meal.