Sweet Corn Raita is the traditional raita recipe made with the boiled sweet corns and combined with the beaten yogurt. This raita is extreme delicious because of sweet corns and the spices which we are using here. If some sweet corns are left over in your kitchen, then try to make this special raita dish. You will really appreciate.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6-7 minutes
- 1 cup sweet corns (boiled)
- 3 cups fresh curd
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed shahi jeera
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/6 tsp Kalonji seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to taste
How to make Sweet Corn Raita:
- Whisk the curd in a big bowl.
- Add salt and little bit of water. Mix well and set aside.
- In a heating pan add oil. Let to heat the oil well.
- Add kalonji seeds and curry leaves. Saute well.
- Add chopped onion and salt.
- Saute till onion become soft.
- Add boiled corns, red chilli powder, crushed jeera and pepper powder.
- Fry just for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Now add this corn mixture in the beaten curd and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the salt.
- Sprinkle little bit of chaat masala all over.
- Finally garnish with fresh cilantro and keep in the refrigerator.
- Take out this raita from the fridge for 10 minutes just before serving.
- Sprinkle little bit of garam masala powder for more flavors and spices.