Kaddu Ka Raita is a delicious curd recipe made with pumpkin (kaddu) and some flavorful ingredients. It is one of the most famous raita recipe, served during the fasting.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin (kaddu, kashiphal)
- 3 cups fresh thick curd
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves chopped
- Few raisins
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
How to make kaddu ka raita:
- Beat the curd by adding little amount of water and keep aside.
- Peel the pumpkin, wash in normal running water and chop into fine pieces.
- Boil the chopped pumpkin in 4 cups of water on medium high flame.
- Drain the boiled pumpkin and pat dry with clean kitchen napkin.
- In the beaten curd, mix the boiled pumpkin and all the ingredients.
- Garnish with the chopped leaves of coriander and keep in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
- Kaddu raita can be served as it is or chilled, it is always great to have it.
- You can use the grated pumpkin to make this delicious raita recipe.