Bhuga Chawal is the special Sindhi delicacy. Here rice are cooked in lots of onion and flavored with the veggies and whole garam masala. You can add the veggies of your choice to make these Sindhi style bhuga chawar or bhugal rice. Sindhi’s most probably serve these bhuga rice either with sai bhaji (spinach) or fried potatoes. Learn to make awesome bhuga chawar in a unique Sindhi style, which are famous as Sindhi Biryani or Sindhi Fried Rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients required for making Sindhi Bhuga Chawal Recipe:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 big onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup french beans chopped
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Whole garam masala:
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1 big black elaichi
- 2 green elaichi’s
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
How to make Bhuga Chawal Recipe:
- Wash and soak the rice for about 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Heat up the handi on medium high flame, add oil.
- Add whole garam masala and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and chopped onion, fry until onion turn dark brown in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder and little bit of water.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then mix the rice.
- Also add green peas and french beans at this moment.
- Add water which should be double of the rice quantity.
- Cook on high heat for 5-6 minutes and then lower the flame and cover the pan.
- Leave on low flame until rice get cooked properly.
- Finally garnish with the chopped coriander.
- Serve with aloo bhindi fry and Sindhi style Sai bhaji (spinach in gravy).
- You can use garam masala powder instead of khada or whole garam masala.
- You may add veggies like carrot, cauliflower or any veggie of your choice.
- You may add boiled potatoes and nutri nugget (soya chunks) in bhugal rice, they would be really turned into delicious rice recipe.
- You can garnish these bhugal rice with dry fruits.
- The quantity of water may varies as per the quality of rice that you are using, so add water accordingly.