Soya Bean Pulao is the healthy combo of Soya Bean and Rice. It is a comfort Indian meal, that can be served in lunch or dinner. Here Soyabean is cooked with green peas, carrot and fresh Indian Spices and then mixed with good quality basmati rice.
Soyabean is a very healthy option available to make variety of dishes. It is a versatile food not just because of it health benefits but also for its effect on stomach once it is consumed. It produces alkali in the stomach thereby making its place in the list of alkaline foods. Learn how to make quick, easy and tasty Soya Bean Pulao recipe.
Pulaos are always a welcome addition to any meal. A pulao can often make a complete meal by itself. The soya chunks added to this aromatic pulao are easily available in the market and are a rich source of protein and vitamin b12 – a vitamin which is otherwise lacking sometimes in vegetarian diets.
How to make Soya Bean Pulao Recipe:
Soya Bean Pulao is the Healthy Combo of Soya Chunks and Basmati Rice. It is cooked with Veggies and fresh Indian Spices, then mixed with Basmati Rice.
- 1 cup soya granules
- 1 1/2 cups long grained rice (basmati), rinsed and drained
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1 stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2-3 cardamoms (elaichi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- fresh chopped coriander leaves (dhania) for the garnishing
- Some fried onions for garnishing (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom. When the seeds starts crackling, add asafoetida and chopped onions. Saute for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add carrots, green peas, rice and soya granules. Stir constantly for few more minutes.
- Add salt and spices and mix very well. Before closing the pressure cooker, add 6 cups of water and then cover with a tight lid.
- Pressure cook the pulao for 3 whistles until rice are fully done.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and fried onions.
- Serve hot with your favorite raita.
You can add small soya bean as well.
Adjust the spices as per your taste.
Tasty Indian Recipes
Recommended Recipes for you: