Hyderabadi Biryani is one of the most famous Authentic Indian Biryani Recipe. If you are using proper spices, then you can get a true taste of Hyderabad flavors. Good quality basmati rice are cooked with fresh Indian Green Veggies, Herbs, Spices and Dry Fruits.
This rice dish is a true and authentic Indian recipe and you can feel each and every flavor with each and every bite of this biryani.
A traditional dish of Hyderabadi Nizami extravaganza. These delicious mix vegetables cooked to perfection with cinnamon flavored Basmati rice. It defines a unique style of steam cooking. These dishes are cooked in traditional handis sealed with kneaded flour.
The biryanis which I have seen my mom making at home have always been cooked on dum. My mom makes the best veg biryanis and I have seen her many times cooking biryani with a lot of love and care. You really have to cook the biryani with a lot of love and care. There should be no hurry and cooking a biryani takes up some time. Yet it is worth it. It is one of the most grand, noble and delectable recipe from India.
How to make Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe:
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe is the special delicacy of Hyderabad. This unique Biryani contains lots of flavors of Fresh Herbs, Spices, Green Veggies and Dry Fruits.
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 inch ginger minced
- 6-8 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 big onions finely chopped / sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans
- 1 cup carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup green peas (mattar)
- 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 1 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp blanched cashew nuts
- 4 tbsp blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1-1/2 cups fresh yogurt (curd/dahi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp rose-water
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves (broken in bits)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves paste
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped /paste
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Some brown onions for garnishing (optional)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Whole garam masala (bay leaf, 2 cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 star aniseed)
- Wash the rice thoroughly in water and soak in 6 cups of water for about 30 minutes. Bring the rice on a boil by adding salt and whole spices. Drain the boiled rice in colander and keep aside.
- Soak the almonds in water for half an hour and keep aside.
- Melt ghee in a big pan and add cumin seeds along with curry leaves.
- When the seeds starts to splutter, add green chillies, ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds by gradually adding chopped onion.
- Fry until onion turns golden brown.
- Now add chopped vegetables, salt and spices.
- Stir fry the veggies for few more seconds and then mix the curd in it. Simmer the flame until vegetables tenders.
- When the vegetables are done, you may add chopped dry nuts.
- Sprinkle little bit of saffron mixture and stir in coriander leaves paste and chopped mint leaves.
- Spread some lemon juice all over, spread half of cooked rice and top with half of rose-water.
- Repeat the same procedure by arranging the leftover ingredients in same way.
- At this time, top the biryani with boiled soya chunks and brown onions as well.
- Top with remaining rice, saffron, lemon juice, mint and coriander leaves.
- Place a moist cloth on the lid of the pan and cover it tightly so that it gets sealed.
- Now place the pan or handi on dum in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Put the handi on dum in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve this delicious hyderabadi biryani hot with raita, pickle and roasted papad.
- You can flavor the biryani with your favorite veggies and garnishing ingredients.
Serve the yummy veg biryani with your choice of raita, onion-mint salad-kuchumber, mango pickle, roasted papad.
Other accompaniments for this Hyderabad Veg Biryani would be Mirchon ka Salan…. the way the Biryani is traditionally served in Hyderabad.
Tasty Indian Recipes