Aloo Bhindi fry is a simple and tasty dry dish, best to serve as a side dish with any gravy, curry or dal recipe. It’s a lovely accompaniment with Indian meal. I generally serve this subzi with steamed rice and dal fry. My family loves this combination of aloo and bhindi a lot.
I remember, once we had a trip to Hyderabad and there in a restaurant, we ordered fry aloo bhindi for lunch, it was super tasty and easy in cooking. Thereby I got an Idea of some spices, that we can add in this recipe for making it more flavorful. Since that day, I’m cooking it with the same taste, which I had in that restaurant of Hyderabad.
Most amazing thing is that you can easily make this superb tasty dish in just a little oil. Bhindi leaves lot of water, so I have fried them little more, to get a crispy flavor in my dish. I like to pair this dish with variety of rice recipes.
How to make Aloo Bhindi Fry Recipe :
Aloo Bhindi Fry is the famous North Indian (Punjabi) dry dish, best to serve with variety of dal and rice recipes.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 250 gm bhindi /okra/ladyfingers
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and chop lady fingers into bite size pieces.
- Also chop the potatoes in small cubes, rinse and keep aside.
- Aloo Bhindi Fry Recipe step1
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped potatoes.
- Fry continue on a medium high flame, till potatoes are evenly little browned.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Aloo Bhindi Fry Recipe Step 4
- Now put bhindi in same pan and keep frying, till it turns crispy and water is completely evaporated.
- When the bhindi is almost done, add previously fried potatoes and mix well.
- Season with salt and spices.
- Aloo Bhindi Fry Recipe Final
- Toss and mix very well to get a nicely cooked aloo bhindi fry. Your Aloo Bhindi Fry is now ready to be served.
Tasty Indian Recipes