Crispy Aloo Bhindi is the simple way to deep fry okra and potatoes, cooked in spices. It is one of the most famous stir fried recipe of North India, specially of Punjab. Crispy aloo bhindi is the dry (sukhi) sabzi recipe, which goes along with roti or as a side dish with dal and rice. Kids also like to eat stir fried crispy aloo bhindi. Learn to make quick and easy crispy aloo bhindi recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 250 gms okra (bhindi), chopped in small pieces
- 2 potatoes (aloo), peeled and chopped in small cubes
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Crispy Aloo Bhindi:
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Deep fry aloo and bhindi until become crispy.
- Take out from the oil and drain on paper napkins.
- Remove whole oil from the pan and mix aloo and bhindi again in same pan.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Toss and cover the pan, cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and add coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and cook without lid for 3-4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with Indian flat bread or rice and dal.
- You can add fresh lemon juice instead of chaat masala.
- This recipe is a dry recipe which goes either with chapati or as a side dish with any gravy recipe.
- You can garnish crispy aloo bhindi with few chopped coriander leaves.