Aloo Gobi Fry is made with the fried potatoes and cauliflower and then mixed with the Indian spices. It is a great Punjabi dish which can be served in various ways. You can either serve it with the roti, puri or paratha at the time of breakfast or you can serve it as a side dish with dal, rice, salad, etc. It is an extremely easy and tasty dish, which can be made in just few minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 big potatoes
- 200 gms cauliflower florets
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Gobi Fry:
- Peel the potatoes and then chop them into small pieces. Wash thoroughly.
- Heat the sufficient oil in a pan and deep fry the potatoes and cauliflower florets.
- Fry until crispy and browned in color.
- Remove out the whole oil and leave only 1 tsp of oil, or you may transfer the fried potatoes and gobi in another pan.
- Now add chopped tomato and salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Mix remaining spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Indian chapati (Roti).
- If you do not want deep fried veggies then you can boil and toss with the spices, still the taste will be good.
- You can also fry the veggies in little bit of oil and then add all the spices.